Check out my other blogsite at HymnStudiesWithScripture.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

A Little Word

 

"Yet, I am always with You."
Psalm 73:23

I was reading a devotion in Jim Reimann's book, "Look Unto Me: The Devotions of Charles Spurgeon" and once again had to stop and consider a word. That tiny word "yet." Tiny, but powerful.

Spurgeon was sharing that "in spite of all the foolishness and ignorance that David had been confessing to God, he was not at all less certain he was saved and accepted, and that the blessings of being constantly in God's presence were undoubtedly his."

The verse before verse 23, David said, "So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before Thee." I wondered, "Am I like that to God sometimes." Foolish and ignorant. "Yet" confident of his (David's) relationship with God, "he (David) nevertheless sings through a glorious outburst of faith, 'Yet, I am always with You.'"

"Yet." It means "Still." "Always." "Nevertheless." "In spite of." "Even now." I am always with You. You are always with me. I am never alone. You are faithful to me.  Despite my foolishness. Despite my ugliness. Despite my harmful ways. My pride, My anger.

It's little words like this that make me give thanks to God for His loving care over me. To have the secure knowledge and understanding that God is always with me, even when I make mistakes.

Scripturesavvy.com: "The phrase 'Yet, I am always with you' highlights God's faithful companionship in every situation. Here, we affirm that God's presence does not waver or falter. Even amidst trials, we can find comfort, knowing that God stands with us . . . God is like a faithful friend who sticks by our side no matter what . . . It reassures us that even when life feels heavy and burdensome, we are held firmly in God's embrace."

Just a little word that holds the power of God in it. Thank God that He's always with you. Even when you may be foolish and ignorant. And if you don't have that deep, settled confidence that God is always with you, it's time to find it. Make sure your belief is strong and steady. Accept it in your heart that He loves you and never leaves you. It's the only way to live as a child of God.

By His Grace . . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A Little Word

  " Yet , I am always with You." Psalm 73:23 I was reading a devotion in Jim Reimann's book, "Look Unto Me: The Devotions...