Check out my other blogsite at HymnStudiesWithScripture.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

"Thank You, Jesus"

 

The other evening I came upon Josh Groban singing, “Thank You, Jesus" on YouTube. I searched for a story regarding it. There are other songs with the same title, but I couldn’t find the version Groban sang. The words truly spoke to me. This post is the words Groban sang, as I listened on YouTube. It's worshipful to listen too. I hope the words inspire you as you read them. A story of how Jesus impacted a life. It could be my story.

“In the silence of the morning light, When my heart was lost in the darkest night,

You found me where I could not stand, Lifted me gently with Your Hand.

Every tear that I cried alone, You were there though I had not known.

Now my soul sings endlessly, Of the grace you’ve given me.

Through the valleys through the pain, In my weakness you remain.

Faithful love that never fades, You are the truth, the life, the Way.

Every breath I have to give, It’s because You chose I’d live.

Now my voice will rise and say, You are worthy every day.

I was broken You made me whole, You restored my weary soul.

Now forever I proclaim, The power in Your Holy name.

Thank you, Jesus, for Your love so deep. For the promises You always keep.

You gave me hope when I had none, Now I shine because of what you’ve done.

Thank you, Jesus, my heart will sing, To my Savior, my God, my King.

Every breath, every step I take, Is for You, oh, for heaven’s sake.

When I stumble when I fall, Still your mercy covers all.

You remind me who I am, Held forever in your plan.

No more fear, no more shame, I am free in Jesus Name.

Every chain has been undone, By the victory of One.

Hallelujah, I will praise, Lift my hands through all my days.

From the cross to victory, You have set this captive free.

Let my life be testimony, Of Your love that rescued me.

I will worship I will bow, Jesus take my life right now.

Oh thank you, Jesus, for the cross You bore, For the grace I could not earn.

Before you rewrote my destiny, Now Your Spirit lives in me.

Thank you, Jesus, forever true, Oh my praise belongs to You.

Till the end of all my days, I will live to sing your praise.”

"You were there though I had not known." We sometimes feel so alone. We wish that there was someone we could talk too. And yet, God is always with us, even though we don't think it or feel it.

"You gave me hope when I had none." I remember the time when I had no hope. I didn't want to live if what I experienced thus far in life was all there was. A woman suggested what I needed would be found in church. I went. I was saved. I had hope.

"Now Your Spirit lives in me." What a wonderful feeling to know God's Spirit lives in me. No more times of having no hope, and not feeling alone. Always confident that God is with me, and will always be.

Thank You, Jesus!

By His Grace . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"Thank You, Jesus"

  The other evening I came upon Josh Groban singing, “Thank You, Jesus"  on YouTube. I searched for a story regarding it. There are ot...