Check out my other blogsite at HymnStudiesWithScripture.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Miracles Still Happen

 
"WomenMadeforHisGlory" Facebook page.

 "I never have difficulty believing in miracles, since I experienced
the miracle of a change in my own heart."
St. Augustine

God is still in the business of miracles. He still brings super natural happenings into the life of His people. A miracle happened last week for me and a friend. Some might call this a "Godwink," which fits the experience also. Let me tell you about it.

I have been trying to write an Advent reflection/devotion for church. I was sent instructions of what they wanted, and for the last two weeks I haven't come up with anything. We were given four Scripture passages to choose from, narrowing it down to focus on one line.

I mentioned it to a friend who I email with each morning that I hadn't come up with anything. I prayed about this again and asked God to help me. About 30 minutes after sending the email, three words came to me that I use often in my writings.  Deep-settled confidence.

I went back to the Scripture passages and found one that fit with my words. In a matter of 30 minutes my reflection was written. This happens often when I'm writing. When I'm stuck and can't bring forth words, God always answers in amazing ways.

Soon after, my phone rang. I answered, said hello, but didn't hear anything. Finally, my friend in Florida said hello. I had just talked with her the day before. She said, "The strangest thing happened. I received a text from my friend and sent her one back. I put my phone down and went out to the kitchen. When I returned I heard a voice on my phone. I picked it up and you were there."

I listened as she told me what her friend was going through. Soon, a voice in my mind told me to read her what I just wrote. When I was done reading it to her, she said it was beautiful and asked if she could send it to her friend who had an important appointment this morning. I took a picture of my computer screen and sent it to her. Her friend received it before her appointment.

A miracle. A Godwink. God provided me words at the exact time they were needed. My friend didn't call me. God called me on her phone. My friend, in need of hope herself, was encouraged. She was able to encourage her friend before she went in for her appointment. 

My friend said, "You have blessed two people this morning." But I knew, God blessed three. 

By His Grace . . . 

PS: The reflection/devotion I wrote won't be used until Advent starts. I'll post it here after it is used.
PSS: Godfidence fits right in with deep-settled confidence!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Miracles Still Happen

  "WomenMadeforHisGlory" Facebook page.  "I never have difficulty believing in miracles, since I experienced the miracle of ...